Saint Mary has a good variety of agricultural resources, the principal products are bananas, sugar cane, pimento, cocoa, coconuts and coffee. The Parish was once listed as the poorest in Jamaica, however, substantial improvements in investment and infrastructure including a new international airport (Ian Fleming International Airport), a new highway, and development of luxury resorts such as Golden Clouds, Beaches Boscobel and the intercoastal highway constructed in 2005 has brought significant increase to tourism-related activities.
The Parish is rich in history which dates back to the days slavery. Today, numerous National monuments still stand in the Parish,
|Rio Nuevo Taino Site
|The largest Taino Site in this area. It covers an area of 21,000 square meters.
|Annotto Bay Baptist Church
|Built in 1824 - it was the first Baptist Church to be constructed in St. Mary.
|Holy Trinity Anglican Church
|Beautiful historic Georgian building erected on lands donated by Henry Rigg in 1828.
|Situated at Port Maria and was erected in 1759.
|Built during the War of Trade. Erected by John Allen in 1752
|Brimmer Hall Great House
|Built during the 18th Century by the plantocracy during the days of slavery.
|Prospect Great House
|On the Prospect Estate is an early Eighteen Century Great House.
|Quebec Great House
|Boasts a basic Georgian features, such as symmetry and a central portico.
|Over 40 feet high. The light is approximately 60 feet above sea level
|Originally called "Look Out" by famous pirate Henry Morgan as it was used for that purpose.
|Harmony Hall House
|Indicative of Jamaican-Georgian architectural style with its characteristic features of plantation houses in the nineteenth century.
|Castleton Botanical Garden
|established on the 19th Nov 1862
|Claude Stuart Park
|In 1977 the Victoria Park in Port Maria, St. Mary was renamed the Claude Stuart Park.
|Rio Nuevo Battle Site
|The site of the final pitched battle between British and Spanish forces to determine possession of Jamaica.
|Port Maria Court House
|Originally built in 1821,this Georgian architecture housed the court house and police station until1988.